Hola!
We spend 1 1/2 days at the Western District Conference this weekend. It was a good time and I am pumped! Be BOLD! Be a witness. There were several people who shared about their witness in the world, all very touching and certainly made me think. I connected with 2 of my dad's cousins. Rusty from Harper and Guy from Topeka. It was great to see some family in Kansas. :) Dan and I enjoyed the singing during the 2 worship services. WE actually clapped. I loved it! The speakers were very good as well and had a lot of thought provoking words.
I really enjoyed the English and Spanish speakers. It was fun to hear another language other than English. It made me aware that we are pretty closed off here in the Mennonite church and not many connections to other ethnic groups. God really challenged me to be bold and get beyond my comfort zone and do more than just live for him. He told me that I need to be an instrument for change in the church. That is a challenge, but one that I intend to embrace with his grace.
Be BOLD!
No comments:
Post a Comment