Friday, June 27, 2008

If You Plant It, It Will Grow!

Our watermelons are the size of golf balls! wow they are growing fast, the basil continues to surprise me, I cut some off the other day to make pesto and yesterday it looked like I hadn't cut anything off! Yeah! I see my baby peppers, marigolds are blooming like crazy, cantelope flowers everywhere, dill is popping up. My sunflowers are getting ready to bloom.

When my folks were here, Betty helped me put down newspapers and a plastic tarp over a section of the garden to kill the grass. I took it up on Wednesday and the grass is definitely dead. So today after the rain stopped, I went out and raked and hoed and planted some flower seeds. Hopefully the hot Kansas sun will not bake the little guys.

I sprayed weed killer last week and the grass is yellow now, so hopefully I can get rid of some more grass that way. I am excited that this garden will be even better next summer. :) Thank God for the rain, I was planning on watering early this morning. Yeah God!

No comments: