Saturday, July 5, 2008

All Things Bright and Beautiful







We bought a new tent the other day. Dan's single living tent was getting a mite too crowded for both of us with a queen sized air mattress. It has a place for an electrical cord to enter the tent, a little shoe cubby, and a place to insert an airconditioner or fan. Like we would ever do that..... but it is pretty hot sometimes. :)


We set it up as soon as we got home. We talked about sleeping in it over nite, but the thought of all the work of pumping up the air mattress tired us out too much. So these old foggies went to bed inside. The top of the tent was off in this picture.

Since I was taking pictures, I decided to take pics of our wonderful flowers. The Cannas ( sp?) that Dan's mom gave me are slowly coming up. This is the only one that is blooming yet. I think they pretty much survived the mower, unlike some of our baby trees. :) I couldn't get the pictures to go with the correct paragraph, but you get the point.

I also took pics of my rose bush.. this is the kind to have, let me tell you. No deadheading necessary, no fertilizing needed-- i suppose it wouldn't hurt, no work needed at all. My beautiful cone flowers survived the mole invasion. I love perennials!



2 comments:

BUDDE FAMILY said...

I was wondering about that tent... I drove by the other day and thought you two were having a campout in your back yard!

-josh

Huxman Family said...

You better be careful about the tent or someone may think you kicked Dan out of the house --- ha, ha! I'll have to find out what kind of rose bush that is and try one of those myself.