Today I drove to Cheney for the Sedgwick County Fair. I judge the food entries and conference with the kids. It is fun but I am quite tired of eating sweets for 2 hours and crave healthy things. I had an amazing blueberry bundt cake that I can't wait to make. I had several chocolate chip cookies from little kids, seems to be what they can make, quite successfully I might add. Usually at 8:30 in the morning I am not as excited about them as I am later in the day after a HEALTHY lunch. I make a practice of collecting the recipes from foods that I really like, and I admit, from ones that I don't like just to please the kids. :) I think I am kindof an easy judge because I give alot of purple ribbons and am not that picky. Some of the other judges are almost so particular about the entries, I am just happy that the kids are cooking! Anyhoo, I am anticipating trying some of the recipes this year.
I am leaving for PA tomorrow, early. I am excited about seeing my family. I haven't seen my brothers for 2 years, so it will be good to reconnect with them. I am leaving lots of room in my suitcase for some good Lancaster County food: cream filled donuts, Wilbur Buds, sweet balonga and maybe some cupcheese. Too bad I can't bring some Turkey Hill Ice Cream home with me, that would be great! I think Dan is looking forward to having some time to do all those projects that I have been bugging him to do. (yeah right). Have a good week, Lynda
2 comments:
nice cone flower! i want that blueberry bundt cake recipe for addi! Check out her back stroke on our new blog!!!!
dougvanessaaddity.blogspot.com
Have a great trip!
Post a Comment