Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Filing a missing bunnies report

Lynda and I haven't seen Buster and Earl for quite some time. Perhaps they have gone into seclusion because of the new Kansas State Fair slogan, or maybe this weird early September cold snap has persuaded them to find a deep warm burrow. "[They're] not like tame [bunnies], in fact [they're] quite wild. "
The resident ground hog has been reclusive all year. The last and only time I saw it this year, it looked like a shrunken bear skin rug waddling on the nubs of four invisible limbs. September just feels busy, though I recon' it ain't really as busy as it feels, except perhaps to a ground hog.
Blackberry is exhibiting some strange behavior, which means he is perfectly normal for a cat his age. Not that the "Bean" acts his age.
Any guesses where the butchered quote in the first paragraph comes from?

Back in the artificial world, I hope to soon have 220v electricity in the garage.(pause for dramatic effect) Ooh, I can almost smell the bitter fumes of joyous welding! The trailer needs to be fixed, though my temporary welds broke exactly where I wanted them to. I find it strange that the part I wanted to remove actually falls off exactly as I had envisioned. Scary eh?
Hoping to do some soil testing in the garden for next year. Much work needed there. Tilling and adding nutrients until everything is balanced, next months project.
Lynda and I installed some replacement windows on the south side of the house last weekend. Now I like to drive by that side of the house really slow, just looking at that extremely fine handy "persons" work. Anyone else do something like that? "Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?"(mystery quote #2)

Dan

No comments: