Today I participated in my first of many (I hope) craft shows. Dan's mom has a stand at some every year and this year I went with her to one in Newton. It took me a long time to set up my jewelry. My friend Susan from school gave me some to sell as well. It was a fairly nonprofitable venture for me. I only sold one thing. :( I bought more than I sold, much to Dan's surprise (yeah, not really). I did "win" a silent auction basket (I knew Dan would just love the basket, one to add to my growing collection!). I had a lot of competition, the market is obviously saturated with jewelry. However, mine were much more original than my competitors. Perhaps the recession is also affecting sales in some of these areas. :( Darn. So next time, hopefully I will do better.
I was excited about one piece in particular. Dan went to a yard sale yesterday and he bought me some glass teardrops from a chandelier. So last nite, he fashioned 2 pendants from them with my silver wire and they are beautiful. So Christmas is approaching and I suppose I can give some jewelry for gifts. I think Dan will look smashing!
No comments:
Post a Comment