It is freezing cold around here including my classroom. I am thankful that my room has 4 walls and a roof, but I could do without the movement of COLD air right over my desk. I have worn my coat and gloves somedays and I am usually found wrapped up in my little fleece blanket. Evidently my students missed the memo on the temperature change and are still wearing shorts and flip flops.--it is amazing, the colder I am the less they are wearing. Good grief! I am looking forward to the end of the week, which ends first semester and starts Christmas break. We will wrap up on Friday with a faculty basketball game--usually a barrel of laughs. I was a cheerleader last year, but this year we have all been banished to the stands to keep an eye on the kids.
I have been selling my jewelry at school which is great because I don't have much competition (Art teacher also sells) as I do at the craft shows. They have been kindof a bust, I barely make enough money to break even with the cost of the booth. So I am not sure if I will do them again. I am thinking of a having an open house sometime over break or into the new year complete with a chocolate fountain and perhaps.... some snow on the porch. If you are interested let me know. I took jewelry to church one Sunday and sold something to a friend. Dan accused me of selling merchandise in the Lord's house and I guess technically I was... :( ( unintentionally of course).
We are STILL waiting for Stella and the repair shop is waiting for a part. It has been a long wait and I am not a good waiter, just ask God. I am on my second rental car, a 2009 Sonata this time. We are enjoying the satellite radio, but I miss my girl. :( Our christmas planner is full of meals with Dan's family which always make me a little homesick for my family. We plan to go to San Antonio to celebrate our 2 year anniversary over break. Tomorrow is the day that we said "I do". And what a difference in both of our lives those 2 little words have made.
No comments:
Post a Comment