Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Vacation- long overdue blog

Christmas vacation is over and it is back to the grind for both of us on Monday, I actually had to be at work on Friday for a phenomenal inservice. Dr. Monte Selby was the speaker, he played his guitar and sang original songs about teaching and kids and talked about ways to connect with our kids. Our inservices are very good this year, finally. Then we had time to work in our rooms. I covered some bulletin boards and rearranged my desks. I am ready to go and it was kindof a let down to not work today, I was so pumped! I am really looking forward to this semester since I won't need to rewrite the curriculum any more, other than to tweak to my individual classes. Dan goes back to work on Monday also since he doesn't work Fridays any more.


On New Year's Eve, we participated in the annual First Mennonite sunday school class bash. We ate too much, played Apples to Apples and dominos and had a white elephant gift exchange. My final selection was a huge 7 ft cobra. I think he is so cute. :) Blackberry seems to not be bothered by him so far. I think I might donate him to the library for the kids to love on him or take him to school, i am sure he would get plenty of attention from my students.




Before Christmas, we had free tickets to go to Botanica's light festival. It was cold but very beautiful. The dancing trees were a little too much fun for us, but overall everything was very pretty. We got new ideas for lighting up our yard.




No comments: