Anyhoo, life continues at the Schroeder homestead. Dan and I planned to work on putting up siding on the house today, but it was rainy and wet, so we worked in the garden instead. I dug up a bunch of my marigolds that were growing like wild fire in the garden and planted them into flower beds along the side of the house. Dan took part of the garden fence down so he could get the old mower in there and mow the garden prairie. We want to burn out the grass and hopefully the big mice who were chomping on our corn. They had a feast --we only had 2 ears.. go figure. If you plant it, they will come...:(. We went garage selling yesterday and this morning. I got an old necklace for parts, a brand new Sing the Journey song book, still in the wrapper for $.50. Wow what a deal! Last nite, we stopped somewhere and I got a baby towel and dog wash rag.-- figured that our child most likely use them at some point.
The foster care progress goes slowly, much too slowly for our taste. We met our 3rd social worker this week and she collected some paperwork and will schedule our inspection with the state as well as send our liscensure application to the state. Our original social worker is no longer with the agency, and there doesn't seem to be any notes taken by the second one, creating more work for us and the third one. We are a little annoyed to say the least. I have realized with all this waiting, that it is going to be really hard for me to give up a child and send it back to live with their family. We want a child of our own, one that will be a part of our family forever. I dream about children and so I know this weighs heavy on my heart. We want to be faithful and we also want to make sure that we have looked at all the possibilities. Please keep us in your prayers.
Tonite we babysat for Ty and Addi, they are really growing up! Ty is in school, is seems like he was just a little tyke when I met Dan and still in diapers. Addi, likes to do things on her own and loves to cook. We are so impressed by Doug and Vanessa as parents and really appreciate the example they have shown us.
This summer I taught the youth Sunday school class and Dan preached some Sundays, but we are looking forward to not having many responsibilities for the next few weeks in church. Next weekend, I am going to Camp Mennoscal for a Mennonite Women's retreat with some friends. I am glad that I will not be sleeping in the claustrophobic bunk bed cabin. We are anticipating a visit from my brother Daryl during my birthday weekend, in October, then my dad will come for a visit sometime in late October or early November. We always love when he is here but this will be the first trip without Betty. I continue to think about Betty and miss her so much sometimes. She would always ask about school and was especially interested in my classes and other school happenings. She has left such a huge hole in our lives. It is especially hard for me when I think about our children who will never know either of my moms. :( Thank you for all your love and support to us these last months and also for your prayers for our family.
Lynda signing off.
No comments:
Post a Comment