Let me just say that I am not a lover of turkeys, actually birds of any feather to be exact. Dan and Gilly found these turkeys in the field across from our house on Thanksgiving. I thought that maybe they had run away from the local butcher. We went for a walk and Dan decided it would be fun to mimic their mating calls. They decided to follow us --which totally freaked me out. The next day, Gilly and I were walking again, and they started FOLLOWING us. Aghhhhh. I realize now that Gilly would have protected me, but at the time it was pretty scary to have a pack of turkeys following you while making their mating calls... Thank you Dan!.
Last weekend, Dan and I were in the shop and I saw the pack walking in our back yard. He sent me to the house to get the camera: risking my life, I might add. :) I managed to get a shot of them before Gilly flew out of the garage and began chasing them. She herded them into a group and then singled out the weakest one, I guess. I am thinking he might have been the ugliest one... We thought that turkey was a goner. At one time, if you drove past our house you would have seen Dan chasing Gilly and Gilly chasing the turkey. It was rather hilarious, yet kindof scary because we were afraid Gilly would get the big old bird. I was trying to film while screaming for Gilly to stop. We were worried that she would go into the road.
There are turkey feathers all over our yard. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment