Rash One:Monday afternoon, I got called to the office at school and was told that my job was being cut for next year. Gee thanks. So glad I was at the grocery store when they tried to tell me earlier. It would have really been hard to teach after hearing that. It seems that the high school classes aren't as full as they would have liked them to be and so they are cutting one of those positions and moving that teacher to my position and laying off me. I thought being tenured would save me. Guess I was wrong. I have less experience in teaching FACS than the other two teachers. Darn, that really bites.
Rash Two: We bought 3 large bunches of bananas at Sam's last week on Friday with the hopes of them still being good for Maundy Thursday supper. I put them in the frig to keep. They were still yummy however their peel color was almost black. We bought some more and served them instead. So we had a gazillion bananas to make into something. Today I made 4 batches of banana bread and plan to make banana scones later. I also made a carrot pineapple cake for Easter Sunday lunch. The whole house smells like bananas.
Rash Three: Wednesday night Blackberry went exploring and didn't come home that night. Dan called me Thursday afternoon and asked if I had seen him. I had not. Being an indoor cat, I was a little concerned, after all, he is my baby. :) So when I got home, Gilly and I went looking for him.
Rash Three and One Half: Gilly ran into the tree line, found dog poo and rolled in it. I took her into the house and bathed her in the one hour before we had to leave for church services.
Rash Four: We got home from church and Blackberry was waiting for us! We discovered that Gilly had ticks. Friday, while Dan was off he tried to get the ticks off of Gilly but soon discovered that he needed at least an extra pair of hands. When I got home, we took her outside and got a few of them off with a tweezers and a cotton ball soaked in hand soap.
Rash 4.5: Washed the cat and the dog with Flea and tick shampoo. Have you ever washed a cat? :) We didn't get any scratches which is a miracle in itself!
Gilly was very curious as to what we were doing to Blackberry. 
Rash 5: I found a tick on Dan's back this morning. Washed all the sheets, blankets and everything the dog came in contact with. Hope this is the end of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment