In February, I stepped on a toothpick. I managed to pull out a large piece, but there seemed to be some still stuck in there. So after a few days of incredible pain, I sought a Doctor's opinion. He ordered an X-ray and found out that he couldn't see it. Ya think? So instead of cutting up the pad of my foot, he gave me a gel pad for my shoe and said that it should either get infected (oh joy) or eventually come out. It did neither. In May, it hurt pretty bad, so I went back and got an MRI--- and let me tell you silly I felt--- a high tech 45 minute appointment for a TOOTHPICK????!!!! Anyhoo, the doctor cut into my little foot, found the air pocket that the MRI showed, got some drainage and found a teeny tiny piece of wood. Bandaged it all up and sent me on my way.
From time to time, my foot has hurt but I have learned to deal with it. Saturday night, I noticed that the callous where my foot was "operated" on was coming off. So I started to pull it off (hope no one is queasy here) and lo and behold there was the toothpick, laying horizontally under my callous. Unbelievable!
No comments:
Post a Comment