Last weekend, Hesston had a city wide yard sale. This saturday is Hesston clean-up day, so everyone can get rid of all the junk they didn't sell last week. People start to put stuff out by the edge of their driveway by mid-day. Doug said that the police dept. was getting calls from people who had things "looted" that were not to be looted, so we were very careful not to take things off of people's porches. Didn't want any non-family visits from the police.
We relieved folks of 2 nice metal stools, plastic storage drawers, wire stuff for guttering, galvanized pails; one was a large wash tub--pretty cool I thought. We hit the retirement village and got some wooden drawers, craft containers with sequins and such in it. I think I found 3 beads that I can use in my jewelry making, the rest I will have the kids play with when they come to visit. Dan bought an old very large printer, he wants to make a C and C router machine out of it. I got 2 wooden doors for some craft idea I had when I saw them, not sure what is was now... hmm. We got 2 pretty decent statium seats probably from the 70's, but will make the rears less achy when watching games. Dan picked up a garage door opener with the intent of electrifiying his bike.. should be interesting, as he rides by he can open the garage door. Should come in handy. Anybody got a solar panel? Dan is looking for cheap alternative transportation. I guess we could say "want fries with that"? We haven't yet gone the route of the cooking oil powered car. I suppose it is only time.
We have Western District Conference tonite, so I suppose, we shall go Dumpster Digging (the much safer route) by the light of the moon. Save the planet!
2 comments:
Shaun wants to know where you find all this "good stuff."
we just go up and down the streets of Hesston and browse people's curb collections. Next year, we will invite you guys... :)
Post a Comment