Whew... it has been awhile since we have written, basically the whole month of August! School started for me August 8th, which while welcomed was entirely too early. This year so far has been a challenge, yet fun. I am rewriting my entire curriculum making it for classroom instead of module teaching. I have 6 classes that I teach the same stuff to each hour. I thought I was going to lose my mind, but it is soooo nice to just have one prep. It has been a pleasant surprise, I might add. My students keep asking when they will cook. Last week, I made them write "There is more to FACS than Food". However, they still haven't gotten the message to their brains, or should I say their stomachs. So I gave in and we will start to cook soon and then we will be done and they will ask why we aren't cooking. AGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I guess I am stressing about school because Dan said I tossed and turned all night, which would explain why I am so tired today. I am so unmotivated and hope that changes soon, like by Friday when I need to make up a new unit. :)
Dan and I joined the church 2 weeks ago. I was already an associate member and Dan transferred his membership over, so we both became full members. It is a good feeling. Our garden continues to grow, we harvested our first tomato last week. This was the one that hung on the vine for over 3 weeks. I guess it was a late bloomer. :) We get about 2-3 okra every other day, there is a new baby tomato getting ready to turn red. Our tomato plants are looking really bushy--FINALLY and our basil continues to produce for pesto. We have jalapeno peppers, sweet yellow peppers and red peppers growing also. We picked a small but ripe cantelope and continue to have beautiful marigolds growing in huge bunches. I guess we will have a fall garden. We managed to salvage one sunflower head. Dan worked hard on extracting the seeds, dried them then decided that he wasn't going to eat them and plans to give them to the birds this winter. It will be good therapy for Blackberry sitting on his window perch. :) 
Our peach tree has been a late bloomer also, perhaps more watering next summer will help! We had some delicious but very small peaches. Dan is trying to knock them down with a hoe. I made the terrible mistake 2x to be standing under the tree... This sunflower had 5 blooms on it, weird! Dan and his company face. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment