Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cords of Life

Rumors have been floating around at work recently about layoffs and the possibility of an extended shutdown. At today's "safety meeting" the rumors were "neither confirmed nor denied", however it was stated that on May 4 we will be returning to a 40hr work week. It was felt, if not implied that the full time status was for those who will remain employed after April 30. Yea, its that obvious. So tomorrow is the big day and with it the cords of my future will be bound or loosened. Upon further reflection I suppose everyday is that way. Guess I shouldn't sweat the stuff that has not happened yet.

Still, I'm praying to remain employed, this is the best assembly job I've experienced. I also think of coworkers at this time, especially those that are already financially stressed, and pray for the peace of Christ in their lives as well.

If unemployed I'll probably become a full time gardener here at "Schroeder Acres". The lettuce, radishes, cauliflower, tomatoes, corn, potatoes, onions, strawberries, snow peas, sugar peas, cantaloupe, watermelon, parsley, basil, and sunflowers are doing quite well in this rather wet Kansas season. The trees we planted last year need some TLC, especially those that the deer decided to make a winter snack of. Mowing is a never ending chore this spring. We need to post pictures soon.

We participated in the Relief Sale 5K, I (Dan) finished in under 34 minutes, not a great time but I beat the over 70 age group to the finish line. Lynda walked in two 5K events on back to back Saturdays, winning an "hour long massage" in the drawing at the Emma Creek Classic. Exercise is increasingly becoming part of our lifestyle.

Lynda's starting graduate school classes this summer, and we're planning a vacation. Our vacation will take us as far as our money can get us, provided it can take us to the states of Oregon and Washington.

I am Dan and I approved this message. (not affiliated with the Dan For President Campaign group)

1 comment:

Huxman Family said...

You'll be in my thought and prayers. I too know much about the "cords of life". Although we know we shouldn't get concerned about things we don't know, it is natural. I'm trying very hard to let God be in control and just sit back for the ride he's sending me on:)