I love our garden. Today I took a bag of lettuce with some blades of grass and 2 lady bug looking bugs to church for people to take. Fortunately, I found 2 takers, bugs and all. Yeah! We have been eating some radishes, sometimes they are good and sometimes they taste like tree bark. Hmmm. The strawberries have been producing and we have been eating them. We picked some sugar peas and they were delicious steamed. We also decided to dig up some potatoes and found some volunteer dill in various parts of the garden. So I cooked some potatoes with browned butter and fresh dill. Yum! It was great. We look forward to eating the onions soon.
We bought some pepper and zucchini plants at Stone Creek's sale a few weeks ago. The zucchini is blooming, so we will have some of those little green guys soon. My basil is growing quite nicely as is the sunflowers, some were purposely planted and others were volunteers. The corn is a little anemic, not sure why. Our tomatoes are just pathetic, we have 2 tomatoes growing, but they also look anemic. Next year we will definitely put some manure on the garden. The grass is growing quite nicely in the garden as well, so much for the chemicals I put on it last year! :( In addition to grass, we occasionally uncover pieces of glass and old rusty nails. We are growing tomato and pepper plants inside, that I planted from seeds. They are just not ready to leave the nest yet, so we will continue babying the little guys in hopes that they will not be anemic!
I will post of pictures later. Stop by for a visit and weed a little.
2 comments:
Alright, if I stop by your garden --- I would prefer it be for "produce", not for being "productive" for you (ha, ha). Weeding is the reason I DON'T have a garden.
well I don't weed all that much, if you see the grass you will understand!
Post a Comment